Abstracts submissions are now closed. Thank you to all who have submitted their abstract.
KEY DATES TO REMEMBER
Call for Abstracts
Friday 26 May
Call for Abstracts Closes
Friday 14 July
Friday 25 August
Deadline for authors to register for Conference
Friday 25 August
Early Bird Registration Closes
26-28 October 2017
ANZAOMS 2017 Conference
There are two types of presentation formats:
Oral Presentation Oral Presentations will be notified of their length of presentation time in their acceptance notification. Abstracts not selected for Oral Presentation may be eligible for a Poster presentation.
Poster Presentation (Static Poster) A poster presentation constitutes a visual display of research projects. The poster display will be an integral part of the program with dedicated times for delegates to interact with poster authors and ask questions. Full details of the format and display of Posters will be detailed within acceptance notifications sent to nominated presenting authors.
Authors will be required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract
- Please select Oral Presentation if you wish your abstract to be considered for Oral Presentation
- Please select Poster Presentation (Static Poster) if you wish to be considered for this type of Presentation
Abstracts may be submitted in the following areas of interest:
- Craniomaxillofacial Trauma
- Dentoalveolar Surgery
- H&N Oncology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology/Oral Medicine
- Orthognathic and Aesthetic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
Abstract submissions are a three step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
STEP 1 Abstract template Download the Abstract Template, save it to your desktop. Use the template to present your abstract in the required format. Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned to the author for correction.
- Text must be in Arial, 12pt font, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your abstract text should be no more than 250 words, including references
- Your abstract should clearly and concisely outline the CONTENT of the presentation and should include key points/issues to be addressed
- Where applicable, the abstract should include the subheadings; Background, Objectives, Methods, Findings and Conclusions
Please note: Abstract submissions must be provided in Word document format. All PDF submissions will returned to authors to resubmit in the correct file format.
STEP 2 Create an account and logging into the abstract submission portal
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the button above entitled “CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT”. Click “Create New Account” link and enter your contact details. These details are required to create the account. Your contact details will be required to create the account. Once you have created an account within this portal you can upload submissions, download the abstract submission template, access the submission guidelines, view the terms and conditions and later register for the Conference and review the Speaker Briefing Notes.
STEP 3 Submitting your Abstract Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click on Abstract Submission in the top menu bar. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The Title of your Abstract
- Presentation Type (preference only)
- Name and Organisation of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors
- A brief biography of the Presenting Author, the biography should be no more than 100 words
- Your completed abstract
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed
- You will be able to access the speaker portal to edit draft submissions and submit additional abstracts until 26 May 2017. To change successfully submitted abstracts, please contact the Program Coordinator.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form
- To submit an abstract you will be asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions as outlined in the submission portal.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly and has successfully been converted to a PDF file, during the upload process. Please note that an automatic email will not be issued upon submission of your abstract, and it is the duty of the author to check the submission within the “Your Submissions” page. If you have any concerns, please contact the Conference Office on +61 3 9907 8646 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTIFICATION OF AUTHORS
Notification of the outcome of your submission will be communicated to authors in July 2017. Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the presenting author of your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-presenters as applicable.
ABSTRACT Presenter REGISTRATION
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters, both oral and poster must register and pay for the Conference by the speaker registration deadline of 25 August 2017, in order for the presentation to be included in the Conference Program.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the ANZAOMS 2017 Conference Office: